What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Lookups not being created

Votes:

After i moved PRTG to a different machine, everything works fine except for lookups. They are not being created when i use MIBs for differnt sensors. Is there a way to point it a folder where lookups should be. The installation folder on old PC was on Drive C:\, now it's drive D:\.

installation lookups move prtg

Created on Nov 10, 2014 4:46:57 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

any ideas? please help.

Created on Nov 13, 2014 2:42:38 PM

Votes:

Hello,

The lookup folder cannot be in any other location, than the PRTG Program files folder. So this has to be correct, as its hard-coded. The MIBs you are using, were they imported with the latest version of the MIB-Importer?

best regards.

Created on Nov 17, 2014 10:02:36 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I used Paessler MIB Importer V3.4.8 alpha. It was working fine before i moved it to a new PC. Same version of MIB importer.

Created on Nov 17, 2014 9:58:39 PM

Votes:

What happens if you try re-adding the sensors? Also, do you still have access to the old PC, to migrate the lookup files?

Created on Nov 18, 2014 9:01:50 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I re-added sensors. Nothing was created at lookups. I migrated all lookup files the first time I did it. The problem is not with existing files, it's with the new ones that im creating. New sensors don't create lookup files like it was before.

Created on Nov 20, 2014 3:00:57 PM

Votes:

Do they use existing Lookups by any chance? Please upload some screenshots showing these sensors and their channel settings.

Created on Nov 20, 2014 3:15:52 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.