What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Has anyone setup a sensor to monitor Shadow copy storaage in ESXi 5.5?

Votes:

I m trying to monitor the space taken up by shadow copies during the VM backup process. I have tried looking for an OID to use with SNMP and would prefer to avoid using an SSH connection if possible.

Has anyone else attempted this and/or found a solution?

Thanks.

esxi snmp storage vmware

Created on Nov 13, 2014 9:59:23 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

It is not possible to monitor the size of shadow copies. Can it be that you want to monitor the size of Snapshots?

Created on Nov 17, 2014 2:55:32 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Yes, you are correct, I am attempting to monitor the amount of space taken up by snapshots. Is this something that has been done before? It is on our list of things to monitor, but would like to do it without using an SSH connection.

Created on Nov 17, 2014 7:22:48 PM

Votes:

We have checked the MIB file, but can not find any oid to monitor the snapshot size.

I´m afraid it seems that it is only possible using SHH.

Created on Nov 19, 2014 5:16:07 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.