What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SMTP Roundtrip

Votes:

Do you have any suggestions for the SMTP Server outside? I have tried: gmx. It stopped after 40 messages outlook.com stopped after 1 hour gmail worked for one week. Now I get the message: Daily sending quota exceeded. I test all 4 minutes

The suggestion smtp.web.de I found in another post, doesnt exist anymore.

prtg roundtrip smtp

Created on Nov 14, 2014 7:49:15 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey t_ore,

why do you have an test interval of 4 minutes? Maybe it is useful to use an lower but continuously interval. Witch such an high test interval you would be listed on a blacklist in a couple of weeks, if they don't block you. Mail-Tests are very critically.

As an example, you can use 10 min as interval and gmail as service with (smtp.gmail.com) as mail relay. Don't forget to add your user credentials and the HELO-Ident. In one of my tests it worked for the last 5 month without a problem, especially it's a real one ;).

So a tip from my opinion, don't test as often as you can. This isn't the best way.

Maybe this is what you wan't

Sascha

Created on Nov 14, 2014 1:50:07 PM

Last change on Nov 17, 2014 9:14:39 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.