This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 14.4.13 [PREVIEW] and 14.4.12 [STABLE]
Log Message “Internal Error C2: Cannot open file \api\registerpush.htm”
If you see the message
Webserver: Internal Error C2: Cannot open file "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\api\registerpush.htm". The system cannot find the file specified URL: /api/registerpush.htm
in the file PRTG Core Server Log.log, you do not have to worry and can ignore this log entry most likely. It is caused by push notifications in combination with the current stable version which does not support push yet.
This error message only appears when the following points apply:
- You run at least one PRTG server with the Preview version 14.4.13.xxxx (or a later version that supports push notifications) AND at least one PRTG server with the Stable version 14.4.12.xxxx (or a previous version that does not support push notifications).
- You run the app PRTG for Android or PRTG for iOS with a version that supports push notifications.
- You have registered at least two PRTG servers with your app where at least one server runs with the current Preview version and at least one with the current Stable version as described above.
- You have activated push notifications in your mobile app.
- Note: PRTG supports push notifications as of the following versions:
- PRTG core server 14.x.13.xxxx/yyyy (currently preview!) or later
- PRTG for Android 14.3.2 or later
- PRTG for iOS 14.3.6 or later
The file from the error message …\webroot\api\registerpush.htm (which is not found according to your core log) is called by your app to register your mobile device as push device for your PRTG web server. The app sends this registration request to all PRTG servers that you have configured in your app to appear as notification contact.
Because the current PRTG stable version 14.4.12 does not support push notifications, your app cannot find registerpush.htm which results in the corresponding core log message.
Please ignore this message, it does not mean that any parts of PRTG are malfunctioning. With the upcoming stable release 14.x.13 when push notifications are going to be supported, this error message will not appear anymore.