What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can i do Total of a total in a custom formula

Votes:

Using latest version 14.4.12.3510, adding a custom Sensor (sensor factory) to obtain a total of multiple devices and interfaces. this additionnal sensor is giving me my total as expected for my regional office. formula is :

#1:Total
Channel(3598,-1)+Channel(3599,-1)

Now i want to create another custom sensor in the central location with the total of the previous sensors. (total of total). I only specify one of the previous sensor to test my formula formula is :

#1:Total
Channel(3617,1)

system will not accept this formula and a message is displayed. THE VALIDATION OF THE DATA PROVIDED FAILED DUE TO THE FOLLOWING:<BR/><UL><LI>ERROR IN CHANNEL &QUOT;TOTAL[]&QUOT; (1) : TRYING TO USE AGGREGATION SENSOR &QUOT;QUEBEC PALAIS (TOTAL DU SITE)&QUOT; (&QUOT;3617&QUOT;) AS AGGREGATION SOURCE.</LI></UL><BR/>THE OBJECT HAS NOT BEEN CHANGED.

Error URL: /editsettings

custom formula total

Created on Nov 19, 2014 8:05:04 PM

Last change on Nov 20, 2014 8:03:14 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for using PRTG. It's not possible to calculate Results of a Sensor Factory in another Sensor Factory Sensor. Please build the totals then with the results of the normal sensor types.

best regards.

Created on Nov 24, 2014 9:50:50 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.