What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Down sensor as Warning

Votes:

Hello, Quick question. I have some workstations, that goes up and down all the time. (staff computers for example). Is there a way to make Down state (when they switch off their computers and go home) on trigger to show as warning not alert? i already disable notification for these computers, but still getting NEW ALARMS on app and in chrome. So if new alarm that important appears sometimes i dont see it.

As a solution i put snmp timeout to a bigger time (86400 sec - 24h), but sometimes they stay for a week. any solutions would be appreciated.

thanks

alert downtime state

Created on Nov 23, 2014 9:27:57 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

With a PING sensor for this workstation set as Master object for parent and its Auto Acknowledge set to Show "Down (Acknowledged)" status on error

You should be able to get them off the alarms list.

Created on Nov 24, 2014 11:43:07 AM

Votes:

Great, Thanks. And is it possible with SNMP?

Created on Nov 24, 2014 12:37:15 PM

Votes:

The PING sensor (setup as master object for parent) will automatically pause all sibling sensors, including the SNMP sensors.

Created on Nov 24, 2014 1:10:06 PM

Votes:

you are a star! thanks a lot!

Created on Nov 24, 2014 4:20:41 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.