What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Several network sensors down since 14.4.12.3510 update

Votes:

Prior to the 14.4.12.3510 update all our sensors were working fine. Since the update I have three servers where the following three (autodiscovered) sensors per nic have not come up: Network: Bytes Received/sec Network: Bytes Sent/sec Intel[R] PRO_1000 MT Network Connection Network: Bytes Sent/sec Network: Bytes Sent/sec Intel[R] PRO_1000 MT Network Connection Network: Bytes Total/sec sensors Network: Bytes Sent/sec Intel[R] PRO_1000 MT Network Connection

They have been showing "Instance(s) not found: "Win32_PerfRawData_Tcpip_NetworkInterface\Intel[[]R] PRO_1000 MT Network Connection" " since the update finished installing. What is going on here and how can I fix it? The sensors were working normally before the update.

network-sensor prtg upgrade

Created on Nov 24, 2014 8:29:22 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please try to update to the latest version - it should fix this error. Let me know if it helped :)

Created on Dec 10, 2014 8:13:57 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

9 Replies

Votes:

Here what I did to get snmp working again.

Open PRTG Administrator Click the "Probe Settings for Monitoring" tab Under IPv4 select the IP instead of auto

Hope this helps.

Created on Nov 25, 2014 6:59:42 PM

Votes:

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid I can't find what you're referring to by "PRTG Administrator" or any tab named "Probe Settings for Monitoring" in the web GUI. But these are WMI sensors, not SNMP ones anyway.

Created on Nov 26, 2014 5:05:46 PM

Votes:

Hi Misharum,

What jmhi meant is the application "PRTG Administrator.exe"; it can be found under C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor

Anyway, can you try to recreate the sensors on the device and check if they're working? Windows sometimes changes the GUID of the device, so PRTG can't find it anymore :(

Created on Nov 27, 2014 1:30:40 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Furthermore, please try to rename the NIC / NIC-Driver to remove any brackets [ ] in the name of the NIC / Driver, then add the Network Card Sensors again.

Created on Nov 27, 2014 3:12:48 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Changing the Probe Settings for Monitoring to the IP didn't help, nor did trying to recreate the sensors. The nic's driver does have square brackets [] in it, though, so I'd like to try what you suggested about that. How do I edit the driver name?

Created on Dec 3, 2014 10:01:07 PM

Votes:

To rename a network connection

1. Open the Network Connections folder:
    Control Panel > Network and Sharing > Network Connections
  2. Right-click the connection you want to rename, and then click Rename.
  3. Type a new name for the connection, and then press ENTER.

Created on Dec 4, 2014 8:22:58 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 4, 2014 8:24:35 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That renames the adapter, not the driver. My adapter is just named "Local Area Connection". It is my driver that has brackets in it; "Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connection"

Created on Dec 9, 2014 5:18:45 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please try to update to the latest version - it should fix this error. Let me know if it helped :)

Created on Dec 10, 2014 8:13:57 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That actually did it! Thank you for letting me know it was available; it hadn't popped up on its own yet.

Created on Dec 10, 2014 7:41:45 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.