What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HP SNMP sensors on ESXi 5.0 server

Votes:

I have a Proliant ML150 G6 server running ESXi Free 5.0 with the HP SIM offline bundle installed. I am attempting to monitor physical disk and temperature through the HP physical disk and SNMP HP Proliant System Health sensor, but both sensors do not return any results.

The HP proliant system health sensor gets created and then shows as down with Error 2.

The physical disc sensor will not get created and gives error "Could not find any disk on this device. (code: PE188)".

Has anyone gotten this to work on ESXi Free 5.0 or know of what I may be overlooking?

I can possibly update to 5.1 or 5.5 if it will fix this.

disk esxi esxi-5 proliant prtg snmp temperature

Created on Nov 25, 2014 6:55:45 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for using PRTG. The SNMP HP Proliant Sensors either require a Windows based HP Server with the HP Management Tools installed (see the Manual) or an iLO 4 to monitor via the iLO interface.
Otherwise the necessary SNMP Counters are lacking.

best regards.

Created on Nov 27, 2014 10:54:13 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.