What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can't get to PRTG web UI

Votes:

I'm having a strange problem with PRTG. I can connect via the Windows admin client, and the iPhone app, but not the Web UI, either on the iPhone or a desktop browser.

I log in successfully, but then see only a spinning gray circle.

Where do I start looking for a server configuration problem?

spinner system-administration web-server

Created on Nov 27, 2014 10:55:20 PM

13 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your KB-Request. Can you please send a screenshot showing the issue in the full browser window to [email protected] (with a reference to this KB-Thread)? Thank you!

best regards.

Created on Nov 28, 2014 9:08:27 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Will do. But I just realized something.

I'm running on windows server 2003 and ie 6 (for compatibility with a few old network devices without firmware updates for modern browsers).

Are there any components installed by later versions of ie that the AJAX UI needs?

Created on Nov 28, 2014 9:16:34 PM

Votes:

The Webinterface of PRTG should still be accessible in that scenario with Firefox or Chrome. IE6 won't do.

Created on Dec 1, 2014 8:45:14 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue on PRTG Network Monitor 19.2.49.2018 x64 when opening with Chrome 74 (I am not sure about older Chrome versions). When opening some pages on PRTG web interface i.e. Notification Templates, I briefly see the configuration and then the grey spinner appears and won't go away. This does not happen on Firefox 66.

Created on May 8, 2019 9:14:51 AM

Votes:

Hi nedimf,

Thank you for your post.

Please open the PRTG Web Interface in an "incognito window" and check if the issue occurs.
Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on May 8, 2019 1:55:11 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Gramerly extension add on was the issue for me. Disabled it and PRTG monitors load in correctly

Created on May 30, 2019 12:46:14 PM

Votes:

I have noticed the same behavior with the 'Wappalyzer' extension in Chrome.

Created on Jun 27, 2019 5:59:51 AM

Votes:

Hi Wim Van Haver,

Thank you for the post.

What error do you experience if you have enabled "Wappalyzer" and are using the PRTG Web Interface?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on Jun 27, 2019 11:22:42 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I get the same thing, have posted the issue over on Wappalyzer's GitHub as well - it seems like after logging in and loading a page, it displays briefly but then comes up with a spinning loading icon - checked Chrome and there doesn't seem to be anything waiting in the network capture, and the icon seem to be a div with the class 'loadspinner' - refreshing the page seems to get it to come back, but sometimes takes a few goes...

https://github.com/AliasIO/Wappalyzer/issues/2779

Created on Sep 19, 2019 10:07:00 AM

Votes:

Hi adamsladerdelta,

Thank you for the information.

Did you also tried to open the PRTG Web Interface via a private tab of your browser? If not, please open PRTG in a private tab and check if it works.

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on Sep 19, 2019 12:51:45 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I did - it works in a private tab (if the extension is also disabled in private mode). Any idea what may be causing it, or if there's a workaround...? I know it's difficult as it's a third party plugin, but would be nice to be able to have both : )

Created on Sep 24, 2019 10:18:12 AM

Votes:

Hi adamsladerdelta,

Thank you for the update.

In the private mode, all add-ins are disabled. Therefore the plugin causes the issue and I recommend to open a case at the corresponding manufacturer. Right now, the only workaround is to work in a private tab or using another browser that does not have the add-in.

Created on Sep 24, 2019 11:29:28 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, posting here to let other people with same issue know that the Metamask addon is causing this issue for me. consider disabling MetaMask and check PRTG web interface again. Hope it helps someone.

Created on Feb 27, 2023 6:08:28 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.