What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Report - Status of all sensors

Votes:

Hi, I was usign for a lot of time the IPcheck Monitoring, with this program I was in the posibility of create a report with the status of all sensor.

Know I can not create this kind of report, that was easy for the monitor personal to check the actual status of the sensor.

Do you have a template that can create a report like the one that appearse in the Review Results of the main page of PRTG?

thanks

Lu

prtg report sensor-data template

Created on Jul 1, 2010 2:43:39 PM

Last change on Jul 2, 2010 11:46:47 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

7 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

In the reports, there is a template Summary report for all sensors .

Use this template to create a report of all of your sensors:

• In the main menu of PRTG's web interface, click on Reports
  • Click on Summary report for all sensors
    The "Root" group containing all sensors is already added in this report template
  • Click on Run report in the "Run now" tab to see a report for all of your sensors

Created on Jul 2, 2010 11:45:58 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Jul 2, 2010 11:47:09 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Is there a way to report on sensors that are just in one state? For example... a report only showing sensors that are paused?

Created on Oct 22, 2010 3:11:44 PM

Votes:

Dear Scott,

reports cannot only show sensors with a certain state. For a overview about the situation now, you could however use the API.

Best Regards.

Created on Oct 22, 2010 3:23:49 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I also wanted a report of just paused sensors. I've written this short VBScript which uses the API to grab them by Device name and then listing each paused Sensor underneath. It could easily be run once a day as a scheduled job and code added to email the results.

You just need to replace SERVERNAME, YOURUSER and YOURPASSHASH with the relevant details (the PassHash for a user can be found on the user accounts page in the web interface).

RL = "http://SERVERNAME/api/table.xml?content=sensortree&username=YOURUSER&passhash=YOURPASSHASH"

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set xDoc=CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
xDoc.async="false"
If xDoc.load(URL) Then

Set NodeList = xDoc.documentElement.selectNodes("//device [sensor/status='Paused']/name") 
	TotalCount = 0

For Each Node In NodeList 

Set SensorList = xDoc.documentElement.selectNodes("//device [name='" & Node.text & "']/sensor[status='Paused']/name")
		sensortext = ""
		sensorcount = 0
		For Each SensorNode In SensorList 
		    sensorcount = sensorcount + 1
			sensortext = sensortext & SensorNode.text & vbCrLf
		Next

wscript.echo Node.text & " [" & sensorcount & " paused sensors]" & chr(13)
		wscript.echo sensortext & chr(13) & chr(13)

TotalCount = TotalCount + SensorCount

Next
	wscript.echo "[Total paused sensors: " & TotalCount & "]"

Else
   wscript.echo "XML failed to load from: " & URL 
End If

set WshShell = nothing

Created on Oct 6, 2011 9:43:13 AM

Votes:

Hi mwragg,

Where can I establish this file? and which name and file extension, give an example please.

And did you have to compile this file before getting it to work.

Thanks

Created on Jun 26, 2014 6:07:48 PM

Votes:

The script was not valid. I have inserted the scrip in the following path \PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\reporttemplates\details as reportTemp_custom where did you upload the scrip? how did u do it to output the information?.

Created on Jul 8, 2014 3:07:29 PM

Votes:

Although the above VBScript is not from us, it's safe to say it's not a report template. It's a Visual Basic Script that you can or need to execute on your desktop (with the parameters SERVERNAME, YOURUSER and YOURPASSHASH filled of course).

Created on Jul 8, 2014 3:20:18 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.