What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable RMON for auto-discovery

Votes:

Is there a way to disable RMON in auto-discovery? For some reason PRTG adds RMON AND normal Interface sesnors ,since the RMON sensors are then pretty much a duplicate sensor to the interface sensor, I want to remove it from auto-discovery.

Is there a way to customize the auto-discovery to add more channels to the interface sesnor? Now it just adds input and output traffic, but I want it to add error/mulitcast/unicast etc.

auto-discovery bandwidthsensor interface rmon

Created on Dec 3, 2014 9:48:53 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

If you have some sililar devices you can create a template from a device which has all sensors you need and then run an autodiscoveryy with this template.

I dont think its possible to add any channels to a sensor. If there is any easy solution for this it would be nice to know.

Created on Dec 3, 2014 3:46:58 PM

Votes:

The problem with using a template is that there are often added ports to the switch over the weeks/months/years and I would like the interfaces name in PRTG to have the right name from snmp.

So I guess I have to create a template where I add all the ports even tho they are no in use, and auto-discover with that template. And in this template I'll also have to add more channels.

Created on Dec 4, 2014 12:52:49 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.