What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Oracle SQL sensors for specifc system

Votes:

Hello,

We want monitor specific oracle database to our company, we need to specify a specific account to access these data and a string type of output format in a text file, how can do this with sensors SQL prtg?

Thanx you.

Regards

Nathalie Garrett

database oracle-sql-sensor prtg specific

Created on Dec 3, 2014 4:20:44 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hey Nathalie,

you would use an SQL Sensor from PRTG? Why you want to get an text file? All informations of PRTG are stored to the local database.

I'm not sure why a text file is useful. Maybe you can make this clear, how you want to use it :).

In order to monitor the sql server, you can choose Oracle SQL or the Oracle SQL v2 to get informations. For this you have to know the service with username and password (as you said before) and then the sql request.

I don't use OracleSQL before, so i compare it from MSSQL, MySQL and ADO. But maybe i could help you, too.

Please give us more information about, what you want to do :)

Best

Sascha

Created on Dec 4, 2014 9:49:50 AM

Votes:

Hi Sascha,

We want monitor some services of an Electronic Document Management implemented on an oracle system (connection, job failure, lock, ....). We try to use the Oracle SQL sensor v2 Beta, but it doesn't allow to use explicit credentials for the database connection (Contrary to what the doc says). So we try to use the Oracle SQL sensor (V1), we got the "OK" but it does not return any values.

For exemple we try with this code:

select username,count(*) from v$session group by username

Thanx you for your answer.

Regards

Created on Dec 4, 2014 2:08:05 PM

Votes:

Hey Nathalie,

ok now it's more clear. Thanks for this.

Ok is the result, if the match isn't there or is there, defines from your settings. You can Match with numbers or characters or changes. But i think this is not the thing you want. v2 allows you to get an data table and check single fields. This is maybe more the thing you want.

What is the error you got, if you want to connect via explicit connection string to Oracle Database? In v2 you can also define the data table als message in message-box.

It is to you, to post the error code, or write an support call, because its not that, what the doc says. Support Calls please on this page ;) ( https://shop.paessler.com/en/openticket ).

Thanks

Sascha

Created on Dec 4, 2014 2:39:50 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.