What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Select sensors manually - no management tree

Votes:

Hi,

I try to create a report and when i go to Select Sensors Manually i don't have the management tree to drag and drop my sensors in the report.

http://reho.st/self/9ff87ed2018b6f6fdd7e63c3c4136d4e4502e0d3.png

Sensors Selected by Tag tab is also empty...

How can i add sensors to my report ?

Thanks

management report sensors tree

Created on Dec 5, 2014 8:24:51 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hey benoipatin,

could it be that you mean the tree on the right side, what's not in your screenshot? On the left side there are only the choosen sensors like your printer. So this is what you have to got:

left side Sensor options, activate or deactivate values to the report

right side Choose sensors to be displayed at the report

Maybe this will help you. Talk back if this won't fix it.

Best

Sascha

Created on Dec 5, 2014 2:00:18 PM

Votes:

Hello,

which exact version of PRTG are you running? Also, which browser are you using to access PRTG?

best regards.

Created on Dec 5, 2014 2:20:23 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm running version 14.4.12.3510 x64. I try with chrome and Firefox.

Created on Dec 5, 2014 2:23:32 PM

Votes:

Okay, that is good. Please use Chrome for the following Test. In Chrome press "F12" on your keyboard to open the Developer Tools. In these Tools choose the Console. With this activated, go to the report and the "Add Sensors Manually"-Tab. Do you get any errors in the Console then?
Please make sure to perform this test with the default prtgadmin account.

Created on Dec 5, 2014 2:45:44 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Created on Dec 5, 2014 3:03:11 PM

Votes:

I do the same test again and this time i don't get error message...

Created on Dec 5, 2014 3:05:16 PM

Votes:

Could you please forward us your PRTG Configuration file along system log files for analysis?

There is an option to upload all to our FTP-Server, using the button "Send Logs to Paessler..." on the tab "Logs" in the "PRTG Server Administrator" tool (see Windows start menu).

Please find detailed instructions in our knowledge base: https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/7983

Created on Dec 5, 2014 3:10:11 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can't send the file from my PRTG server : http://reho.st/self/0d0a9a716bef0aea73242a0f741257a2d73a78ba.png

Is it possible to send it with another way ?

Created on Dec 5, 2014 3:23:20 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.