What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

CA Spectrum to PRTG list

Votes:

Hi, We are currently using the PRTG as POC for future implementation Do you have some experience with exporting Database/list from CA spectrum and import it to PRTG as it was in the Spectrum ?

I mean to import The tree and the IP of the device and just discover the interfaces. I need to transfer the Hierarchy of the Spectrum to PRTG

Thanks

database groups tree

Created on Dec 8, 2014 2:16:58 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Although there is the option to import a CA inventory list, you can create new auto discovery group(s) for this. Use List of individual IPs and DNS Names as the IP Selection Method. Paste the IP list there (one IP per line) and change the settings for the sensor management to your likings. The names should then be automatically discovered via DNS/WMI/SNMP per default.

best regards.

Created on Dec 10, 2014 10:01:01 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

What about the Hierarchy of the devices? I can export xml file with the Hierarchy from Spectrum It is possible to import it as you describe but with creation of groups per the xml ?

Thanks

Created on Dec 10, 2014 1:48:01 PM

Votes:

The hierarchy has to be reproduced with creating the groups & sub-groups manually. An import is not possible.

Created on Dec 10, 2014 1:52:17 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.