What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Multiple Interfaces/IP on device

Votes:

Hi, I am pretty sure some one already ask for this information I am looking for How to poll latency from 2 different IP I have device with Ping sensor and I want to add to the same device also another one to check latency via different path to this device.

Thanks

icmp ping sensor

Created on Dec 8, 2014 2:35:24 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Currently, you can only configure 1 IP address for each device. If you want to query a device via different IPs, our recommendation is to add several devices in PRTG. If needed, you can then use a "Sensor Factory" sensor to combine the results of several sensors into one.

Created on Dec 8, 2014 4:03:26 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Hi, Please put my vote down for the ability to add another ping sensor to ping a different address. I know I can do this manually with a powershell script but surely this wouldn't be hard to create a sensor to do this?

Cheers.

Created on May 28, 2015 9:35:36 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Please have a look at the PRTG Tools Family site and try the StatisticalPingXML Sensor. This sensor allows you to ping a comma separated list of hosts.

Best regards

Created on May 29, 2015 5:37:06 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.