What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Device Status does not update

Votes:

This is a strange one. On my user ID the status of all devices will not update. If I pause a device it will not show as being paused, and the log says that it was.

This happens on Firefox, a fresh install of chrome, and the enterprise client even another machine. If I log into all of the above clients as admin the status displays correctly.

The status displayed stays at what it was on 12/5/14.

I tried to pause the user and resume but no change. Next step is to delete and recreate the user I guess.

status update user

Created on Dec 9, 2014 3:21:52 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hey mhutchins,

could it be that your user don't get enough rights to see this changes? Please check the rights to your system and also the version of your installation. Maybe there are some differences to the newest version.

If everything is fine, describe an example config of this user, were you got the problems. Maybe the community could finde the fault.

Please don't show us passwords or other personal information, mark them as XXX or something like this ;)

Best

Sascha

Created on Dec 9, 2014 4:13:16 PM

Votes:

Hello mhutchins,

so for other PRTG Users this issue does not happen?

best regards.

Created on Dec 9, 2014 4:20:47 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This user is 1 of 3 ad users all 3 are members of the same group and are admins. The other 2 work fine.

I deleted the user and ad recreated it and it is working again.

Created on Dec 9, 2014 4:25:56 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.