What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

change server ip

Votes:

My PRTG is already working,I've setup many sensors and every thing is working properly bun now I am forced to change the ip address of the server, I'd like to know what problems may I have if I do it. what happens with my license

change ip server

Created on Dec 10, 2014 12:32:11 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hey nrikex,

you could have problems, but thought don't have to get one. The easiest way is to do this:

1. Log in via RDP to your PRTG Windows Server
  2. Stop PRTG Administrator
  3. Shut down services of PRTG (maintenance)
  4. Bind another Interface to the server with the new IP-Adress
  5. Add this address to the options in "webserver" tab
  6. Set the "mark" to the new IP and start the PRTG-Server with both addresses -> The ip with the mark is the "collector IP"
  7. Once you start the Server with both addresses the new IP ist known to the Probes
  8. In the next maintenance you can delete the old IP

That's it.

I've done this twice without problems. Maybe a second Maintenance isn't essential.

Best

Sascha

Created on Dec 10, 2014 2:43:47 PM

Votes:

Hello,

I have the same question but sorry I'm french and I don't understand everything :( Could you explain me what does it means ?

"Set the "mark" to the new IP and start the PRTG-Server with both addresses -> The ip with the mark is the "collector IP"

Created on Mar 28, 2015 6:54:07 AM

Votes:

I get "Not connected (unauthorized IP)" with the new IP address in "PRTG network monitor", what should i do ?

Created on Mar 28, 2015 7:17:00 AM

Votes:

>"Set the "mark" to the new IP

It probably means to "check" the new IP address.

>I get "Not connected (unauthorized IP)" with the new IP address in "PRTG network monitor", what should i do ?

Following thread may help you. https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/38973-not-connected-unauthorized?q=w0rksapp&hPP=30&p=0&is_v=2

Created on Nov 13, 2019 7:28:10 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.