What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

ping sensor default option

Votes:

Hi, I would like to use some special configuration for all PING sensors for all my devices (due to IPS and IDS devices involved) How I can change the default configuration of the PING sensor or any other sensor that I want to use in my network

Thanks

customize ping sensor

Created on Dec 11, 2014 2:13:02 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Created on Dec 12, 2014 2:50:26 AM by  Carlos Echeverria (70) 1

Votes:

Hi Yes it is usefully but to avoid this action I want to make the tuning BEFORE the actual discovery. I am looking for option to customize the sensor and make my customization as default sensor configuration.

Thanks

Created on Dec 15, 2014 8:20:29 AM

Votes:

Hi,
there are no global settings for sensors, so the only way would be doing the changes after the auto discovery. However, you might have a look into device templates which can be used in an auto discovery as well.
Best regards

Created on Dec 16, 2014 1:01:25 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.