What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Oki print Snmp Error

Votes:

I'm frenche, sorry for my bad English

I need to use PRTG on my printers Oki C2520 and Oki c5550MFP. But when i add the IP in PRTG, it doesn't found anything for my 2 printers. I have search solution i tried to add the printer SNMP BETA but doesn't work too. I have searched MIB for My printers and i have found this : http://www.oidview.com/mibs/2001/OKIDATA-MIB.html Doesn't work too.

I have no ideas for add my printers on PRTG. Cn you help me ?

oki printers snmp

Created on Dec 11, 2014 4:38:11 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

After you add de IP of the printers you should define the access data from the snmp device. The access data is the version of the snmp, the community string and the port. After you set the access data, you could create manually a SNMP System Uptime Sensor to verify that the SNMP is working and you have enter valid access data. After that you could add the MIB file sensors. Hope this helps! Regards

Created on Dec 12, 2014 2:44:48 AM by  Carlos Echeverria (70) 1

Votes:

Hey Nicolas,

could it be that Oki had disabled the SNMP Port as default? Please try to search in your printer connection settings for SNMP settings. Maybe you have to enable it again.

The MIB should be the right one, you could test the SNMP connection with the Paessler SNMP tester (Download: https://www.de.paessler.com/tools/snmptester ).

Try it with OID 1.3.6 as start. This is mostly the root of all informations (not all, but a lot of, this should match your Oki printer) and than try it yourself. If you don't get an result, the settings are note enabled.

Best

Sascha

Created on Dec 12, 2014 6:56:44 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.