What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Admin pages - disable authentication?

Votes:

Is it possible to turn off authentication for the admin options? I get prompted for a username and password every time I try to go into the admin set up pages, kind of annoying.

disable prtg setup

Created on Dec 12, 2014 12:04:50 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It's not specifically possible to shut it off completely but if you follow this guide you can set the value to 999999 seconds or so and you shouldn't have the issue unless you have the site open for more than 11 days and don't re-authenticate.

999999 / 60 = 16666,65 min / 60 = 277,77 hrs /24 = 11 days.

Created on Dec 12, 2014 1:47:32 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hey Isooney,

I find this note on the PRTG Manual: If you open this system administration page from another administration page and 15 minutes (900 seconds) have passed since your last credential based login, you have to provide your credentials again for security reasons. A dialog box will appear. Enter your Login Name and Password for PRTG in the corresponding fields and click on the Login button. You can continue with your task immediately.

I think is no possible to turn off that, but I'm interested, is it possible, to extend the time (30 minutes for exemple).

Regards.

Nathalie Garrett

Created on Dec 12, 2014 11:32:54 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It's not specifically possible to shut it off completely but if you follow this guide you can set the value to 999999 seconds or so and you shouldn't have the issue unless you have the site open for more than 11 days and don't re-authenticate.

999999 / 60 = 16666,65 min / 60 = 277,77 hrs /24 = 11 days.

Created on Dec 12, 2014 1:47:32 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the replies. I made the registry change, so far so good. I can live with having to login every 11 days.

Created on Dec 12, 2014 11:42:31 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.