What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Timeout During execution using SSH script

Votes:

Hi All

we are using PRTG version 14.3.11.

I have created SSH script to monitor memory for SunOS server.

Configuration: scanning interval:5 mins, connection time out: 3 mins and shell time out: 59 seconds.

Error : " Timeout During execution"

when I tried to run from PRTG manually,it returned right output.I would need your help to fix this issue.

$ echo  PAESSHSTART;/var/prtg/scriptsxml/mem_test.sh ;echo;echo PAESSHEND;
PAESSHSTART
<prtg>
   <result>
                <channel>Memory:Physical_Total</channel>
                <value>131072</value>
                <warning>0</warning>
                <showChart>1</showChart>
                <showTable>1</showTable>
                <float>1</float>
                <ValueLookup>Memory.solaris.ssh</ValueLookup>
   </result>
<Text>Memory OK 35%</Text>
</prtg>

PAESSHEND

Thank you.

prtg ssh sunos

Created on Dec 16, 2014 12:05:06 PM

Last change on Dec 16, 2014 2:01:42 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey Raja,

first, please Update to the newest version of PRTG. It should be the 14.4.13.3742 in stable stream. There are some fixes included the Advanced sensors ;).

Than the time what cares about your error is the "Shell Timeout". That's mostly the problem to ssh sensors for myself. I tried to set up the interval to 2 minutes, sometimes there are problems while trying to get the result. This could be a heavy load to your system.

How long does it take to get the result in your console? Sometimes this is a good indicator.

Best

Sascha

Created on Dec 16, 2014 2:44:39 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.