What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to be alerted when a monitored node rebooted?

Votes:

How I can be alerted when any sort of host will reboot? I looked into uptime snmp sensor, but it hasn't any "extra" options.. many thanks, Gianluca

alert reboot uptime

Created on Dec 20, 2014 10:05:47 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Go to the channel settings at the uptime sensor and set the warning or error state below x seconds

We have set the uptime sensor to error state below 3600 seconds. So we get a notification if the node was rebooted and uptime is lower the one hour.

Created on Dec 22, 2014 11:17:28 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Could the Uptime Sensor be of any help?

Created on Dec 22, 2014 9:57:18 AM

Votes:

sure, but I'd like to be alerted when uptime will start from zero seconds (it means that a reboot occurred). I couldn't figure out how to get it..

Created on Dec 22, 2014 10:11:30 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Go to the channel settings at the uptime sensor and set the warning or error state below x seconds

We have set the uptime sensor to error state below 3600 seconds. So we get a notification if the node was rebooted and uptime is lower the one hour.

Created on Dec 22, 2014 11:17:28 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.