What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I do not got bandwidth

Votes:

Hi, I do not got good date in NetFlow Sensor, I got only Graph with speed only about 7-8 kbps I play some movie on youtube in that moment. Second question, I installed PRTG in production something like test, we plan to buy 3 licences. Now I want to config SNMP and Windows 7, What I must to do, to install some SNMP agent on clients Windows ?

I use for netflow v9, Cisco Switch 3850.

http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2014/12/22/graph.png

netflow-v9 snmp swich-3850

Created on Dec 22, 2014 12:45:15 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

To install SNMP on Windows 7 follow the steps given below:

You must be logged in as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.

1. Click Start and go to the Control Panel, double-click Programs and Features.

2. Click Turn Windows features on or off in the left-hand side of the page.

3. Select the Simple Network Management Protocol check box, and click OK.

4. Click Next.

5. SNMP starts automatically after installation.

This completes the installation process. To configure SNMP agents respond to SNMP requests, follow the steps given below:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools and then double-click Computer Management.

2. In the console tree, click Services and Applications and then click Services.

3. In the details pane, scroll down and click SNMP Service.

4. On the Action menu, click Properties.

5. On the General tab, select Automatic for Startup Type.

6. On the Security tab you can leave the default community name "public" or choose your own (which is more secure). To choose your own, click on Add... for accepted community names, leave Community Rights as Read-Only and pick a secure Community Name. Click on OK. Remove the "public" entry

7. On the security tab in the lower half you can choose which IP addresses are allowed to access the SNMP service. You must at least choose the IP address of the machine running PRTG!

8. On the Agent tab fill out all edit fields and enable all check boxes to make all SNMP values available.

9. Click Apply to apply the changes.

Could you pause the netflow sensors in PRTG and test if proper and compatible Netflow packets are arriving at the PRTG host, using our Netflow Tester?

Which results do you get in the tester?

Please forward a screenshot and the logs from the tester for analysis to [email protected] referring to this knowledge base post.

Created on Dec 23, 2014 7:56:42 AM by  [email protected]

Votes:

This is my output... Any suggestion ?

http://s1.postimg.org/86fa6dj3z/netflow.png

Created on Dec 23, 2014 12:14:17 PM

Votes:

It seems that the netflow packets can not be processed correctly. Please perform a firmware update on the cisco switch. Afterwards perform a reboot of the cisco switch.

Created on Dec 23, 2014 12:59:54 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.