What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Extended alerts

Votes:

Hi Folks ,

I have a question about our down sensors. My manager want from me can't handled thing. After , i have just the way want a help to you.

Sir Says , Our down alerts , detailed listed with anywhere clicked or onmouse actions. Because we need this action , We reflect on big TV on the wall.

Can we do this ? I'm open to any solution about this. ( Plug-ins, some changes , additional scripting anythin else... )

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

develop down-alerts snmp

Created on Dec 30, 2014 7:56:07 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hey cgultekin,

could it be, that you think about an "Map". A way to display these informations from PRTG in a way, that is much easier to read?

If I'm right, than take a look to this page:

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/maps

Maybe this is the solution you want

Best

Sascha

Created on Dec 30, 2014 1:03:09 PM

Votes:

Hi Sascha,

We already using MAPS.

Actualy forget i said , i want take this action on Maps .

Thanks for interests, Regards , Cemre.

Created on Dec 30, 2014 2:41:05 PM

Votes:

Dear Cemre

Beside maps, PRTG also comes with three default dashboards (menu "Home".)

Dashboards are no further customisable. If you need different features or a different layout, please create a map. All map objects are htm files found in the PRTG installation folder, subfolder \webroot\mapobjects

You can derive new object if you copy such file, change its first line to give that object a unique name and further change the content of the file, for example to apply a different filter.

Created on Dec 30, 2014 4:26:30 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey Cemre,

It is also possible to "link" the a inline url to the Map-objects. So if an error takes place, you can click on the sensor and be linked to the system with that error (or the sensor itself with all informations.

If you create a new Object in one of your Maps you will see the "Map-object settings" on the right side. One of them is the "External Link" section. There you can link to an Sensor, oder an System. Otherwise also a link to another Map is possible.

If you want to make a deep link, than follow the description from CEO Dirk Paessler in Paessler KB:

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/3763-how-can-i-add-deep-links-into-prtg-s-interface-for-map-status-icons

But you have to be sure, to use the newest version of PRTG.

Best

Sascha

Created on Jan 2, 2015 7:19:18 AM

Votes:

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but when using a big TV on the wall PTF TrayNotifier can give your department a constant overview of current alarms including the alarms message.

Created on Jan 2, 2015 10:30:50 AM

Votes:

Hi Sascha and PRTGTools Family ,

@Sascha , i will try this.

@PRTGTF , Yes absolutely correct . We're not like a service provider but this action must be like this on this big screen . we didnt use mouse or keybord for this screen ; and for it is , all alarms and sensors must be detailed seeable After , already one of person take a action. And finally , i 'll send you our top using Map screenshot. I know you understand me but . I want everythin be a hundred percent simplicity :) Screenshot : http://s3.postimg.org/4mk181i83/Capture.png

Created on Jan 2, 2015 2:29:42 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.