What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Moving sensors to cluster probe

Votes:

I've set up a clustering configuration and it works fine. But I noticed that when I move my devices to the cluster probe, I cant see my devices in the failover node pc. Only the probe device default sensors is all I can see. I'm expecting that if you move your sensors to the cluster probe, it will display also to the failover node pc.

And if the Master node corrupts its data, does the failover node have saved of its own? If have, where it is located?

Thanks

cluster clustering failovercluster

Created on Jan 8, 2015 2:20:03 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear danpaolosoriano

Thank you for using PRTG. A PRTG cluster is always an active/active configuration. The failover keeps it own set of historic data.

The folder location of the data can be checked using the "PRTG Administrator" tool found in the PRTG program group on that server.

About the issue with the devices moved into the cluster probe, please contact us by using the PRTG webinterface, menu Setup / Contact Support. Please make sure you checked the "Support Bundle" option. This bundle contains a selection of important log files.

Created on Jan 9, 2015 2:57:09 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 9, 2015 3:00:39 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.