What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

ADO SQL Sensor

Votes:

I saw this error after I created ADO SQL Sensor. "Access denied. Please check your Windows credentials. (code: PE095)"

I create some WMI sensors to test my windows credentials seems that it works fine.

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/13103-how-do-i-correctly-configure-credentials-for-ado-sql-sensors

I saw in this article that the problem is the windows credentials but as you can see WMI sensors are working. Can you please tell me what is the possible cause of this?

ado ado-sql-sensor pe095

Created on Jan 9, 2015 6:56:35 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Which type of SQL database do you want to monitor? It looks like the Connection String isn't valid. Please have a look here for the correct syntax. Please consider that you need to use the credentials for the database in the connection string.

Best regards

Created on Jan 12, 2015 1:46:27 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.