What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I have a lot of custom scripts for Windows systems. Where can I share them?

Votes:

I have written many scripts for custom sensors for Windows, Synology, and Cisco systems (CPU and GPU temperatures, HDD temperatures, PSU statistics, etc). Some of these scripts are quite advanced, and gather data that would otherwise be inaccessible to PRTG.

Is there any place on your website for users to browse other users' scripts, or to upload/share your own?

batch cisco custom-sensor gpu perl synology temperature windows

Created on Jan 16, 2015 2:07:58 PM

Last change on Mar 24, 2015 4:06:46 PM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Good question. We've also created a couple of sensors that might be of use to others.

Created on Jan 20, 2015 1:16:40 PM

Votes:

Hi,
Sorry for the delay. There was an internal discussion about how to handle scripts/sensors written by customers.
We later will introduce a howto on making your custom sensors public here.
So please stay tuned.
Best regards

Created on Feb 9, 2015 12:45:53 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We created a special section on our site where you can upload your own sensor script and other stuff that you want to share with the community.

Contributors Wanted.

Navigate to http://prtgtoolsfamily.com/downloads/third-party-downloads click the "Contributor Login" button and choose "Become a Contributor" After your account has been approved, you can start uploading your scripts. Please note the terms and conditions that apply.

Created on Mar 24, 2015 12:08:25 PM

Votes:

Hi all,

since the Paessler Knowlegde Base is the place where PRTG users and the Paessler team meet, you can share your self-written scripts/programs with all users and team writing a Knowledge Base article.

This is easy and fast. Just have a look at How can I share my self-written PRTG script/program with other PRTG users?.

If you upload a binary or script file to a third-party website, we recommend that you create a new Knowledge Base article where you describe your contribution and link to it. If possible, put a copy of your source in the article as well. This way you make sure that all users can find your script/program in the Paessler Knowledge Base.

Regards

Created on Mar 30, 2015 7:42:32 AM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.