What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable popup alarm

Votes:

Hello, I've downloaded the Free Trial version to test out the program. And have some issue with the popup alarm. I've tried to turn it off in the option's menu as stated in another FAQ site but it keeps turning back on again after a reboot of the server. I've also tried to turn it off in registry but with no luck either. Is there a proper way to turn this popup alarm off? so it wont come back after a restart?

alarm popup prtg

Created on Jan 19, 2015 1:00:28 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

Dear knutisatre

Which popup do you mean? The nag screen which recommends to buy a commercial version, or another popup?

Created on Jan 19, 2015 2:49:43 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The alarm popup, https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg9/options_enterprise_console under system - Alerting, you can turn off the Popup Message. But everytime I restart the server it is back on again. Anyway to turn that off by default?

Created on Jan 19, 2015 2:54:06 PM

Votes:

Dear knutisatre

Do you have the option "Show in Tray" checked, or unchecked?

Created on Jan 19, 2015 4:11:14 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I've tried both settings. Also tried to change the settings in Regedit from 1 to 0 on the settings in question. But after a reboot of the computer, it's been turned on again. I've tried to look true the "PRTG Configuration.dat" file to see if I could find any settings there that might do this. But up untill now I haven't found anything yet. Do you know if there is anything in that file that might set the settings everytime I restart? Or is there another file I need to do some changes in?

Created on Jan 20, 2015 6:57:19 AM

Votes:

Please allow me to ask you to clarify: Is the setting "Show in Tray" turned on again once you rebooted the computer, or do you see the popup even though "Show in Tray" keeps unchecked when you reboot?

Created on Jan 20, 2015 9:36:57 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes it is. What ever changes I do in the Options menu in the Tray is turned back on again after a reboot. Even if I Turn OFF show in Tray as well.

Created on Jan 20, 2015 9:41:54 AM

Votes:

Dear knutisatre

Please uncheck that option, then close the Enterprise Console.

Now close the tray application as well.

Now please start the Enterprise Console again.

You normally should no longer get EC tray popup messages.

Created on Jan 20, 2015 3:37:17 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello again,

it seems that if I install version 14.3.11.2953 (earlier release), the procedure you described works fine.

But on version 14.4.13.3799 this is not working. It keeps getting back on again after a restart of the computer.

Created on Feb 16, 2015 2:22:47 PM

Votes:

Dear Knutisatre

Please try the most recent version, 15.1.13.

In addition, please check if you have an Enterprise Console link here:

C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

If this link exists, please delete it.

Created on Feb 17, 2015 9:52:14 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 17, 2015 11:44:53 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.