What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Powershell Script to get information from a html site and monitore in on prtg

Votes:

hi there,

I have prtg installed on a win 2k8 server. Now what i need to do is to monitor some projectors (inFocus) but they don't support SNMP so i cant put them in the prtg..

I thought of a powershell script to get information of the html page and show them into the prtg. but i'm still a newbie at programming ps-scripts.

Do you guys have any ideas? what should i try?

thanks for your help :)

powershell projector prtg script snmp

Created on Jan 20, 2015 10:01:05 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
I would suggest using Invoke-WebRequest here if you are using Powershell 3. There are excellent tutorials around on how to use it for web scraping.
Basically you would use the following call to get all of a page's content and parse it later:

$page = Invoke-Webrequest -UseBasicParsing -Uri "http://www.google.com"

Best regards

Created on Jan 20, 2015 12:38:23 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

hi,

thanks for this info! I will try :)

Regards

Created on Jan 21, 2015 10:05:52 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.