What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring processes in Linux

Votes:

I've setup a custom snmplibrarysensor to monitor ntpd on my linux host. When I added the sensor it responds with a #1 when up and #0 when down.

I'd like to configure the sensor to be: A. green - up when it's #1 B. red - down when it's #0

and I guess I do that via the channel settings? but I can't figure this one out. I'm using version 14.3.10.2422. Thanks

channel linux snmp-library

Created on Jan 20, 2015 4:58:48 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Josh,
you can either do this with channel limits or you might have a look into lookups. With both is is possible to make the sensor change state based on the condition.
Best regards

Created on Jan 21, 2015 7:23:57 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Go to channel edit settings > Limits > Enable limits > Lower error limit set to 1 (you can set also the error limit message if you want)

Created on Jan 21, 2015 7:24:21 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.