What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Slowness in PRTG web interface

Votes:

Dears,

Kindly note that i am running PRTG V 8.3.1 since almost 4 years and recently accessing and working using its web interface is very slow. PRTG is running on a stand alone powerful dell server. Currently there is around 7000 sensors operational and it use to be fast even with this number of sensors. I checked the log file and it is not showing any error related to this behavior.

Kindly share with me your thoughts of what might be the reason behind this problem.

Thank you

prtg8 slowness web-interface

Created on Jan 21, 2015 7:58:19 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Could you please forward us your system log files for analysis?

In order to send them via email, you will find the log files in the following default paths:

XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\V8\Logs (System)

Vista/2008/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\V8\Logs (System)

Please refer to this KP post.

best regards

Created on Jan 22, 2015 1:35:11 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.