What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can my scanning interval be higher if I go straight to the VMware host?

Votes:

I would like to get a more accurate reading of CPU and memory utilization but only reading every 5 minutes seems rather pointless. Can I scan every 30 seconds or so if I go directly to the host instead of Virtual Center?

esxi soap vmware

Created on Jan 23, 2015 9:17:20 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Todd

Thank you for using PRTG. This is no "yes or no" question. You can try to lower the scanning interval to 60 or 30 seconds if you query the host. Depending on the installation size and particular configuration, it might provides reliable data, or it might cause timeout issues.

Generally it is not recommended to pull performance data more than once per minute.

Created on Jan 26, 2015 4:08:53 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.