What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Enterprise Console: Not Connected (connect timed out)

Votes:

I moved my server and connected it to new client pc's. When I try and use Enterprise Console I get connect timed out message.

Is the user name and password the same as the one I use for the web browser?

enterprise-console network prtg

Created on Jan 24, 2015 1:05:50 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Yes the username and the password are the same as in the web interface. Does the the web interface work and did you already check the settings in the Enterprise Console (Right-Click on the server name > Edit). Furthermore if you recently updated to a new PRTG version, please do also try to update the Enterprise Console via the Web Interface > Setup > Download / Add-Ons > Client App for Windows.

Created on Jan 27, 2015 2:20:01 PM by  Severin Glaeser [Paessler Support] (0) 1

Votes:

OK yes, I did update the web interface. I did not update the Enterprise Console, maybe that is it. I had the same version sice about 1.5yrs ago and just recently updated. I will try what you suggest and report back. Thank you.

Created on Jan 29, 2015 5:43:02 PM

Votes:

I cannot run the update.

I recently updated my Network Monitor, I had the same version for a year before this.

The message when I try to run the .exe is: "The Enterprise Console cannot be installed as a stand alone application because there exists a full installation of PRTG on this computer. Please update the complete installation instead. Note: if you do not actually use PRTG server on this computer, you should uninstall the full installation of PRTG and install PRTG Enterprise Console only. You will find a download link for the Enterprise Console setup in the PRTG web interface under "Setup|Downloads".

Created on Jan 29, 2015 6:03:42 PM

Votes:

Dear g725s

Which exact version of PRTG are you currently using?

Created on Feb 2, 2015 5:58:09 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.