What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Why I can not access PRGT web interface using firefox or Chrom

Votes:

When I try to connect to the web using Chrome and Firefox this following message appear: Firefox: Firefox cannot guarantee the safety of your data on 172.16.50.90 because it uses SSLv3, a broken security protocol.

Chrome: A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol.

chrome firefox secure sslv3 web web-interface

Created on Jan 25, 2015 6:43:24 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

That probably means that you have an older version of PRTG which still uses the deprecated and broken SSLv3 protocol, which has been deactivated in recent versions of major browsers. I don't know if there's a way to turn it back on (because it's a terrible idea), you might need to either use an older version of Firefox that still supports SSLv3 or disable encryption for the PRTG web server (as that is no less secure than using an encrypted connection with SSLv3) to access the web interface again. Once you gain access, I would STRONGLY advice to update your PRTG to a version that disables SSLv3 (14.4.12 or so, I think).

Created on Jan 26, 2015 3:33:39 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.