What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

My Fortigate 1000C occasionally showing "No Response SNMP Error # -2003"

Votes:

My Fortigate 1000c occasionally showing "No Response SNMP Error # -2003" and cause no SNMP data retreived. Is there any additional parameter that I need to set to solve this issue?

Iwan

error-2003 fortigate prtg snmp

Created on Jan 29, 2015 7:44:46 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

The first thing that I would check would be to see if the device has some sort of flood protection and also I would try increasing the scanning interval for the sensors to make sure that the device isn't rejecting the SNMP Get requests because there are too many. What are the sensors set to scan at and how many are there?

Created on Jan 30, 2015 11:52:40 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Total sensor for my Fortigate to scan is 6 sensors.

Created on Feb 2, 2015 3:30:53 AM

Votes:

Have you tried increasing the scanning interval to see if that helps? In the logs of the Fortigate device, do you see anything about why the SNMP agent is not responding?

Created on Feb 2, 2015 8:21:34 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, let me try to increase the scanning internal. There is no SNMP error in the logs.

Created on Feb 2, 2015 8:23:42 AM

Votes:

Hi,

Is there any update about this case?

Created on Feb 16, 2015 3:46:21 AM

Votes:

If changing the scanning interval did not help with the issue, I would guess that likely what is happening is that the device isn't responding to SNMP GET requests because SNMP is low priority and the device is too busy to answer. I would recommend asking or researching to see if there is a way to either lower the amount of work that the device is doing or a way to increase the priority of the SNMP sub-system.

Created on Feb 16, 2015 10:46:13 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.