What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP CPU Load

Votes:

My SNMP Credentials is ok. I also managed to set up SNMP Traffic to my switch, but when it regards to SNMP CPU Load it's says "No Such Name (SNMP error # 2)"

I also try the SNMP Tester and it works fine but when I try to add the SNMP CPU Load sensor again the error still appearing

data snmp snmp-cpu-load

Created on Feb 3, 2015 5:46:47 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

I've observed a similar issue with the same sensor (SNMP CPU Load) falling into error state with "No Such Name (SNMP error #2)", but usually healing to OK after some time. Didn't find out yet what the problem is, maybe the sensor is somewhat unstable.

Created on Feb 3, 2015 10:20:52 AM

Votes:

Could you please use the SNMP Tester and perform a walk with the OID

against the target device when the sensor reports the No such name error again?

Created on Feb 4, 2015 9:15:28 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It says Value: Generic Error (SNMP error # 5)

Created on Feb 4, 2015 10:48:48 AM

Votes:

I'm sorry the last one I sent was wrong, still Value: No Such Name (SNMP error # 2)

Created on Feb 4, 2015 10:55:56 AM

Votes:

here for your reference http://postimg.org/image/ftv6telix/

Created on Feb 4, 2015 11:02:58 AM

Votes:

Hi,
please check with the vendor of the switch if the device is delivering CPU data at all. As from what I can see from the tester results and error messages in PRTG, this might not be the case.
Please check also with the vendor if they are possibly offering a MIB file which can be used to access these information.
Best regards

Created on Feb 5, 2015 12:43:08 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok thanks

Created on Feb 6, 2015 8:48:16 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.