What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Chrome no longer working with PRTG

Votes:

As of yesterday I can no longer use Chrome to access my PRTG server. It just displays the following message:

Error code: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

The Chrome version is 40.0.2212.111m

Found another PC running version 38.0.2125.111m which still worked OK, so it only appears to be the latest version of Chrome. I had read online that this message is due to Google no longer supporting SSL 3.0,but is this the case?

My PRTG version is 13.1.2.1463

Any idea how I can fix this as IE doesn't work properly with PRTG and I used Chrome for local and remote access to the server.

chrome ssl-certificate web-gui

Created on Feb 6, 2015 8:30:38 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

It looks like your "older" PRTG version only accepts SSL 3.0 and Chrome no longer supports that.

Upgrading your PRTG version seems the logical thing to do here.

Created on Feb 6, 2015 4:07:18 PM

Last change on Feb 10, 2015 12:24:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.