What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Clustering in a different network and location

Votes:

Can I cluster a different network and location?

clustering failover failovercluster

Created on Feb 6, 2015 8:47:23 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Sure, if they can connect to each other throughout the networks and firewalls, this will work just fine :)

Created on Feb 9, 2015 11:56:05 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Do i need to portforward the default port of cluster probe?

Created on Feb 10, 2015 1:05:47 AM

Votes:

Correct, it's the port 23570 (TCP). Please make sure that no software/hardware firewall is blocking communication.

Created on Feb 10, 2015 11:14:22 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

In setup > system administration > cluster (Under IPs/DNS Names used for Connections Between Nodes) Will I put the public IP address with port 23570 in the cluster node setup?

Created on Feb 11, 2015 1:11:44 AM

Votes:

That's populated automatically after the cluster setup :) Please have a look at our cluster setup step-by-step tutorial to complete the cluster configuration without much trouble :)

Created on Feb 11, 2015 8:10:34 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 16, 2021 12:47:56 PM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

Hi sir, I already set up a clustering on a different location and the Cluster status is fine. But I noticed that after i moved my groups into my cluster probe, the cluster pc contains only the probe device and my group did not show in failover. I also noticed that they were connected but the failover node is not receiving any data. Btw I'm using a ping sensor.

Check the link for references

http://postimg.org/image/4g51njmpv/

http://postimg.org/image/a5la7usw3/

Created on Feb 11, 2015 9:03:02 AM

Votes:

It might take a while until the configurations are in sync. Can you upload a picture of your current device overview?

Created on Feb 12, 2015 8:42:18 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Here, it seems ok now. But as you can see in the image below the failover node cannot monitor several sensors. Is the failover node need to connect through VPN?

http://postimg.org/image/sfwe3yxl1/

Created on Feb 13, 2015 1:55:46 AM

Votes:

I set up a VPN to the failover node and now the sensors are now ok. Thanks

Created on Feb 13, 2015 3:13:43 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.