What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

AWS CloudWatch error

Votes:

Hi,

I've been using multiple AWS CloudWatch monitors for over a year. All have been working fine. A few days ago, all CloudWatch monitors started to fail, simultaneously. The error that PRTG returns varies depending on which AWS service is being monitored.

The AWS Access Key ID & AWS Secret Access Key are correct. I've tried generating a new key and using the new credentials - no luck. I even created a new IAM account with the relevant User Policies and used the associated credentials in PRTG - still no luck.

I tried this as well:

• Paused all monitors at Root
  • Stopped and restarting both the PRTG Core Server and Probe Services
  • Waiting until PRTG System Startup Log showed 100%
  • Enabled all monitors at Root

The second I enabled via root, all CloudWatch monitors instantly show a failure status. It was as if there was no actual check being performed, just failure.

I can't find anything about this in the PRTG KB.

Are you able to assist?

Thanks,

Joel

amazon amazon-cloudwatch-sensor aws

Created on Feb 11, 2015 10:01:33 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Im searching for a solution on this. Did you got any ?

Created on Sep 23, 2015 10:14:57 PM

Votes:

Greetings,
we appreciate your contact.

Are you using our new Cloudwatch Sensors? (Introduced in PRTG v 15.3.19)

As of now the old sensor is considered deprecated and should be paused/removed and replaced by the new sensors. If you encounter any issues with the new sensors, don't hesitate to contact us through a Support Bundle or using our web-form. We'll be glad to help.

Best Regards,

Created on Sep 24, 2015 7:24:50 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Thank you Im going to update to latest version and will contact if I face any issues.

Created on Sep 25, 2015 4:47:12 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.