I've been using multiple AWS CloudWatch monitors for over a year. All have been working fine. A few days ago, all CloudWatch monitors started to fail, simultaneously. The error that PRTG returns varies depending on which AWS service is being monitored.
- For RDS:You are not signed for Amazon RDS and You can sign up at http://aws.amazon.com/rds.
- For EC2: Request has expired. Timestamp date is
- For ELB: You are not signed for Amazon ELB and You can sign up at http://aws.amazon.com/elb.
The AWS Access Key ID & AWS Secret Access Key are correct. I've tried generating a new key and using the new credentials - no luck. I even created a new IAM account with the relevant User Policies and used the associated credentials in PRTG - still no luck.
I tried this as well:
- Paused all monitors at Root
- Stopped and restarting both the PRTG Core Server and Probe Services
- Waiting until PRTG System Startup Log showed 100%
- Enabled all monitors at Root
The second I enabled via root, all CloudWatch monitors instantly show a failure status. It was as if there was no actual check being performed, just failure.
I can't find anything about this in the PRTG KB.
Are you able to assist?