What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature Request > Replicate Custom Sensor Folder to all Remote Probes from Core Server

Votes:

Hi, i have a feature Request.

If i put a custom sensor on the core Server, then this one should automaticly copied/replicated to all remote probes.

In this case i had all sensors on all probes without copying Manual the scripts/exe's....

Thank you Volkan

custom-sensor feature-request replicate

Created on Feb 12, 2015 1:18:06 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Volkan,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. While it indeed requires manual interaction to copy such scripts, we actually intend this for security measures. As these script files can potentially be dangerous, and Probes be in different (client) networks, we do not want an automatic distribution on script files.
We want the PRTG Admin user to knowingly log into host machines of Probes, and copy the scripts.

best regards.

Created on Feb 12, 2015 1:38:15 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, in this case there should be a Switch to enable/disable the replication or better a Setting on the remote probe?

Created on Feb 12, 2015 1:40:10 PM

Votes:

Sorry, no. We really do not want that in any possible way. This should stay a knowingly human interaction.

Created on Feb 12, 2015 1:42:00 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

:(

Created on Feb 12, 2015 1:49:29 PM

Votes:

Did you already have a look at the Distribute Sensors tool?

Distribute Sensors is a tool used to distribute (updates of) custom sensors to your PRTG Probes. It still requires manual interaction, but can make life a little bit easier.

Created on Feb 12, 2015 1:56:20 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.