What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

sensor factory sensor graph

Votes:

Hi I have a sensor factory sensor with two ports on my switch. On map designer I have added a live graph of this sensor; for some reason the labels on the graph look different than the one that is for single port sensor i.e. on this factory sensor graph the: yellow line says Traffic Total blue line says Traffic Out thick green line says Traffic in

whereas for the other sensors with the single port: yellow line says Traffic Out blue line says Traffic In thick green line says Traffic Total

Here is the screenshot (http://oi59.tinypic.com/30m5pg6.jpg), top graphs is for the single port sensor and bottom one is the three ports sensor factory sensor

Following is the Channel Definition for this sensor factory sensor:
#1:Traffic in
Channel(2494,0) +  Channel(2497,0)

#2:Traffic Out
Channel(2494,1) +  Channel(2497,1)

#3:Traffic Total
Channel(2494,-1) +  Channel(2497,-1)

I would like to keep the same labels/lines like in single port sensor for all the factory sensor graphs.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

factory-sensor graphs maps

Created on Feb 13, 2015 8:30:04 AM

Last change on Feb 13, 2015 8:33:55 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Dear bickyz

Please rearrage your factory channel definition to reflect the channel order of the SNMP traffic sensor: Traffic Total, Traffic In, Traffic Out:

#1:Traffic Total
Channel(2494,-1) +  Channel(2497,-1)

#2:Traffic In
Channel(2494,0) +  Channel(2497,0)

#3:Traffic Out
Channel(2494,1) +  Channel(2497,1)

Created on Feb 13, 2015 8:12:24 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thank you very much

Created on Feb 23, 2015 11:51:34 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.