What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Get an error message "No such object (SNMP Error #222)"

Votes:

Hello,

I contact you because i have an issue with the PRTG.

I added the SNMP Custom sensor to monitor Firewall Concurrent Connections of our one of the Checkpoint Firewall with below OID OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.1.25.3.0

I am getting an error message as "No such object (SNMP Error #222)" for this SNMP Custom sensors and all other sensors are green and running.

But for other Checkpoint Firewalls I am getting good value with Same OID for Firewall Concurrent Connections.

Thank you for helping me.

prtg snmp-custom-sensor snmp-error#2 snmp-error#2003 snmp-sensor

Created on Feb 13, 2015 1:42:26 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

test the OID with the snmp-Tester from here. If you get a result something "on the way" may be wrong. If you get no result, and other snmp sensors on your device will work, there is no such value on this machine. Try a walk with the Tester to find the correct OIDs.

hth Martin

Created on Feb 16, 2015 11:33:00 AM

Votes:

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your prompt response. I tried with SNMP tester, but getting same error :( All other sensors are for that Checkpoint firewall is working correctly with good value. Please suggest.

Created on Feb 16, 2015 12:17:03 PM

Votes:

Hi,

did you take a walk with the snmp tester? try a walk from 1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.1.25 and take a look at the results. if there is no oid, the firewall dont deliver the values. Check the snmp configof these firewall, is it the same as the other ones? Is the general config of the firewall different? maybe you can post the walk?

hth Martin

Created on Feb 17, 2015 8:39:54 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.