What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to set QoS Round Trip?

Votes:

Hi, I installed Remote Probes on a computer (Windows 2012 R2) and want to use QoS Sensor. As the documents said PRTG Remote Probe will config firewall for itself to work properly. And I also opened incoming port UDP 50000 on Windows Firewall, but nothing happens and the sensor will return message is port 50000 already in use? and then error "Timeout. No packets received. (code: PE062)". I set Target Probe my Core PRTG and Target Host/IP the computer that is Remote Probe. What's the problem? Am I missing something?

error-code qos qos-roundtrip remote-probes remoteprobe

Created on Feb 15, 2015 12:44:25 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.

Created on Jun 25, 2015 1:55:21 PM

Votes:

Hello,

The message (Timeout. No packets received. (code: PE062)) indicates that the port between both devices is beeing blocked by a firewall, anti virus software or other security software. Please double chack the the port is not used by another programm or blocked.

Are you performing any NAT or PAT for these packets?

Created on Jun 26, 2015 12:39:33 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.