What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

where can I recover the data of a deleted sensor ?

Votes:

I deleted by mistake sensors so I quickly added them, but history has disappeared. please help me how to find the graphs and data of past days? thank you very much

database prtg sensor

Created on Feb 17, 2015 8:15:08 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The monitoring database is located here:
C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Monitoring Database

Stop both PRTG services and then backup the database with a backup solution of your choice. After the backup is done, restart the services.

Created on Feb 17, 2015 8:47:59 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

7 Replies

Votes:

That history is gone for good I'm afraid. Do you have a backup of your monitoring database? Then you could use configuration backups and restore the database files from the backup. Otherwise, the data is gone :(

Created on Feb 17, 2015 8:26:55 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

ok :( thank you for your quick answer could you please explain me where can be the backup and how to do it ? thank you

Created on Feb 17, 2015 8:36:21 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The monitoring database is located here:
C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Monitoring Database

Stop both PRTG services and then backup the database with a backup solution of your choice. After the backup is done, restart the services.

Created on Feb 17, 2015 8:47:59 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you very much!!!

I found the Monitoring Database and configuration Auto-Backups!!! please explain me step by step how to bacup the database

Thanks

Created on Feb 18, 2015 7:00:13 AM

Votes:

Of course, aside from using a backup solution, you could simply copy the files to another drive or folder from time to time or with a scheduled task and a robocopy script. For example this line:

Stop-Service PRTGProbeService
robocopy "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Monitoring Database" "D:\PRTGBackup\Database\ /E /ZB /COPYALL /X /LOG+:"D:\PRTGBackup\db.log"
Start-Service PRTGProbeService

Note that the probes will continue to monitor their sensors for a few minutes and will deliver monitoring results to the core as soon as it is back online. But alerting will not be available during this period.

This is only a small example and there is no guarantee that it will work for you. Just as a starting point :)

Created on Feb 18, 2015 8:44:09 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 18, 2015 8:44:25 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you so much !

Created on Feb 18, 2015 11:18:23 AM

Votes:

You're welcome :)

Created on Feb 18, 2015 11:55:30 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.