New Question

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use.
Easy to manage.

200.000 administrators have chosen PRTG to monitor their network. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free PRTG
Download >>

What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general. You are invited to get involved by asking and answering questions!

Learn more

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Update Sensor Timeout

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hello,

I launched a windows update status sensor to a server. It gives me the P018 timeout. I tried finding the option increasing that timeout value but didn't succeed in it.

Can you point out where I can find this ?

Thx

DL

sensor timeout update windows

Created on Feb 21, 2015 1:08:40 AM by  Didier Lagaert (0) 1

3 Replies

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hi DL, I'm experiencing the same PE018 timeout, initially there was another unable to communicate issue which was suggested I run "winrm quickconfig" from the cmd prompt. I ran this command and then started getting the PE018 timeout.

Anyone else experience this?

Created on Feb 23, 2015 12:37:53 PM by  airbiscuity (0) 1

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

I'm having the same issue

Created on Feb 23, 2015 1:20:21 PM by  Annfinn Thomsen (0) 1

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Dear users

Are you using the remote registry version, or the powershell version of the sensor?

Created on Feb 23, 2015 3:56:42 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Please log in or register to enter your reply.

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.