What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Exchange 2013 IMAP Account not working

Votes:

I have had the IMAP sensor reading an account in Exchnage. However if i open that account in outlook or anything, then it breaks, and the imap sensor always says "There is no email that matches the filters" even if there is

Can anyone help me with this? Why does this happen? I have added an external account on a standard Exim server and that is fine, but it is outside of my corporate server

backups exchange-2013 imap

Created on Feb 24, 2015 12:24:05 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,

The order in which the IMAP sensor will process the mails is depending on their last change (was the email replied, read, moved...).

The best way to use this type of sensor is to use a separate mailbox and let PRTG mark the processed emails.

Best regards

Created on Feb 27, 2015 8:22:16 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 3, 2015 3:13:58 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

8 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Could you forward a screenshot of your sensor settings to [email protected] by referring to this knowledge base post?

Best regards

Created on Feb 26, 2015 2:08:23 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ive actually gone down the route of making a new mailbox

The issues we were having were that if someone opened the mailbox in OUtlook, then the IMAP monitor would not be able to read it. At the moment, i have the mailbox open as an IMAP account in ThunderBird to see what is in there, and i am migrating to a new mailbox that seems to be working fine for me at the moment

If i encounter the issue again i will repost here

I wouldnt consider this resolved, but a workaround

Created on Feb 26, 2015 4:10:05 PM

Votes:

http://imgur.com/VCD8Is9

Image of one of the sensors not working

Created on Feb 26, 2015 4:11:39 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,

The order in which the IMAP sensor will process the mails is depending on their last change (was the email replied, read, moved...).

The best way to use this type of sensor is to use a separate mailbox and let PRTG mark the processed emails.

Best regards

Created on Feb 27, 2015 8:22:16 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 3, 2015 3:13:58 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi There

I think i have hit the same issue again. I am hitting Login Failed as the error, and i think it is down to the amount of logins

If i have a sensor, and it is set to look for an email that comes in once every 24 hours, should i set it to have a rescan level of less than that?

Created on Mar 2, 2015 4:06:19 PM

Votes:

Hi,

The best way is to enable the Check Last Message Date in the sensor settings. This way only the messages of the last X hours will be processed. This way you can choose a scanning interval with less than 24 hours.

Created on Mar 3, 2015 3:17:42 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This has happened again for me

I got the login failed issues, but what iu did was i spaced out my logins. It seems that Exchange 2013 doesnt like a massive amount of logins, even though i did set the max logins to be its insanely high number

Im afraid that as it stands, i have no idea why this stops working. Currently out of 47 monitors, only a single one is working, despite all of the emails being present. I have no idea what is causing this, but it seems that after a month, the monitors just stopped and will not work again. If i delete and recreate one, it works once, then fails again

Created on Mar 24, 2015 2:27:32 PM

Votes:

What is the exact error message you receive in PRTG and are those 47 sensors all monitoring the same inbox?

Created on Mar 25, 2015 1:27:52 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.