What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

API Export Raw Data

Votes:

Hi There.

I`m testing out the PRTG solution primary for a network quality measurement. For a quick overview and a alert system, this solution is really great.

For some detail views I need the raw data. I still tried to use the API to get the data of a QoS sensor, but I got only aggregated data.

More Details: - Sensortype QoS from and to a remoteprobe - 1,000 packets per min - PDV, Jitter, RTT Max, Min, Avg., ...

What I got if I used the API was aggregated values for each minute and not raw data for all 1,000 packets each minute.

Is there a way to also export all raw data which was used for the sensor calculation?

Thank you!

delay qos raw-data

Created on Feb 25, 2015 1:16:00 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi
what is the API call you are using for the data export?
Best regards

Created on Feb 26, 2015 1:21:57 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi
what is the API call you are using for the data export?
Best regards

Created on Feb 26, 2015 1:21:57 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I tried it with:

/api/historicdata.csv?id=2091&avg=0&sdate=2015-02-25&edate=2015-02-26

as described for historical records. This gives me average values for each minute, where the QoS RTT or Ping sensor takes 1.000 measurements per minute.

Also like with a "live data" request:

/api/table.xml?content=values&output=csvtable&columns=datetime,value_,coverage&id=2091

Which gives me the average values for each five minutes.

But what I want to get is for example:

Ping minute 1 4ms minute 1 8ms minute 1 7ms minute 1 5ms minute 1 4ms minute 1 3ms minute 1 5ms ... minute 2 8ms minute 2 7ms ...

Where the time "minute x" can be given in ms, yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss, or anything like else...

Created on Feb 26, 2015 3:19:19 PM

Votes:

Hi,
I'm afraid the data cannot be exported this detailed as it seems you would like to have details for every packet sent out. Only data as seen on the Live Data (and other tabs) can be exported. The historcal data export with parameter avg=0 is the most detailed output here.
Best regards

Created on Feb 27, 2015 1:13:40 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.