What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

System Audit?

Votes:

I'd like to see the auditlog (create probe/device etc, delete probe/device etc etc.etc and by which prtg user it was done.

Is that possible? Is there some sort of auditting in PRTG?

Thx

audit auditing logs

Created on Feb 27, 2015 8:14:33 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

If you click on the notebook tab that is near the settings tab at the root level, you should be able to see the different changes that were made to sensors and devices. You can do this at different levels if you only want to see the history for that level.

Created on Mar 2, 2015 7:40:43 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Greg, I log in, click on "Devices" and there click on the "History" tab, but that seems out of date, where to check if it's still enabled to keep that up to date? I don't know what you mean by the 'notebook' tab, not seeing it.

What it shows in the History tab is what I need to see, When | User | What the user did (and to what probe) (or create/delete probe).

Running: Edition: PRTG Network Monitor Unlimited Version: 14.3.10.2422

Any ideas?

Created on Mar 3, 2015 8:06:12 AM

Votes:

Oh I see, it's per device we need to check the history? That data seems up to date.

Is it possible to view this data in a bundled view for all devices instead of going to each device and checking the history tab? Where can we set the options what I want the history tab to show? Or is that a default an non-editable?

Created on Mar 3, 2015 8:09:57 AM

Votes:

It should be up to date on any of the history tabs that you click. When you are looking at the entire device tree and click on the history tab (That's what I meant by notebook) what are you seeing to make you think that it's not up to date?

Created on Mar 3, 2015 1:03:52 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Seeing events from 2014, but nothing after 06.11.2014. On a device I do see prior entries. I would like to see 'all' changes made in 1 view, not have to go per group or per device, is that possible?

Created on Mar 3, 2015 1:50:22 PM

Votes:

Can you please open a direct ticket with us (send a mail to [email protected]) and send over screenshots of what you are seeing? You should see the most up to date information no matter what level you are on for the history and when viewing the history at the root group level, you should see the information for all devices.

Created on Mar 4, 2015 8:30:55 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 4, 2015 8:31:14 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, done.

Created on Mar 4, 2015 8:40:56 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.