What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Live Monitor with IP and Port Number...

Votes:

On older version (PRTG 6 for instance) I was able to monitor LIVE data to the server which included the IP Address and the PORT number they were accessing. This was very handy when tracking someone attempting something malicious.

Later versions stopped providing this, OR I am not sure where to find it. I can find LIVE MONITOR through the sensor, but that is only showing the amount and volume of the traffic. Not a live feed of IP address and their PORT number access.

Am I missing something? Or is this feature part of a paid version? Or is this feature completely gone?

ip-address live-monitor monitor port-number prtg

Created on Mar 3, 2015 4:04:57 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Thanks to a response from Paessler this has been solved.

I had a packet sniffer in place, but didn't click on the "Top Connections" or "Top Talkers" icons to see the specifics I was after. I was just glancing at the reports.

Created on Mar 4, 2015 12:50:18 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.