What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Thread creation error: Not enough storage is available to process this command

Votes:

Hi,

I have seen Thread creation error on 2 different PRTG probe server in last 2 weeks. I restarted the probe service and the issue was resolved. I haven't seen this error before with any other PRTG versions. This has started after I upgraded to the latest version.

I have also found KB article on Microsoft's site : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106167 but I am unsure of increasing the value. Any help is appreciated.

error error-messages probe probes threads

Created on Mar 6, 2015 2:56:31 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Divyesh

As first step, please update PRTG to the latest version. We included some bug fixes affecting performance. If you still experience the thread creation issues, please pause all HTTP sensors and reboot the PRTG server. Please inform me about the outcome of your test.

Created on Mar 10, 2015 1:30:38 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.